Now you can cool off with the little extra cash you have to burn.
Today is another beruby payday! WOOHOO!!!!
With high temperatures across the Northern Hemisphere this summer it’s important to find fun and creative ways to cool down whether you decide to play outdoors or soak up the AC inside.
Here are some great ways you can beat the heat and cool off this summer without spending too much money…
- Hang a damp sheet in an open window —Incoming breezes are cooled by the evaporating water.
- Place a shallow bowl of ice in front of a fan and enjoy the breeze.
- Squirt yourself with a refrigerated spray bottle—begin with your wrists to quickly cool down the blood flowing through your veins.
- Put your computer into sleep-mode if you are away from it for more than 10 minutes to keep it from putting out excess heat
- Don’t run your dishwasher, instead wash your dishes by hand and let them dry on a dish rack — it will save you on your energy bill as well.
- Go barefoot! As the sweat on your feet evaporates, it keeps the skin cool and allows for blood to flow to other parts of the body, giving you the sensation of coolness all over!
- Put a little spice in your life! Eating hot stuff can cool you down. Chili peppers contain capsaicin, a chemical compound that helps you to perspire giving you temporary relief as the sweat on your body evaporates.
- Drink Large and Eat Small. Replacing fluids is essential to keeping cool. Avoid beverages that contain alcohol, caffeine, or lots of sugar, which are dehydrating. Drink loads of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are watery and help keep you hydrated (and cooler)
- Turn off the lights and change your light bulbs: Long-lasting compact fluorescent bulbs produce about 70 percent less heat than standard incandescent.
- Make a cold compress: fill a cotton sock with rice and tie it off. Stick it in the freezer for a few hours before you go to sleep, then slide it between the sheets. Rice will retain the cold due to its density and starch content.
Earn 2.67% cash back when you make an online purchase at Wind and Weather.
Earn 1.17% cash back when a member of your network
makes an online purchase at Wind and Weather.